I wanted to create a remote build server to allow for Continuous Integration in my project. The TFS Build service needed to run under a "Service Account" (a non-interactive account with limited privileges). To install and configure the machine I followed the following process:
- Sign on to the machine with an account with Admin privileges
- Give "Service Account" membership in the local administrators group
- Log off and login into the server with the "Service Account"
- Install the TFS Build Service - which will provide the appropriate and limited permissions to the "Service Account"
- Log out
- Log back in with an account with Admin privileges and remove the "Service Account" from the administrators group.
This process has been working fine for me for the past 2 weeks